Thursday, July 29, 2010

Fireworks…(or should I say….fireWORK)

So I had a great 24th of July in case anyone was wondering.  I was able to go up to Salt Lake and hang out with my family and do some fun stuff.  My friend Chad came with me and we got to see some of his fam too.  So we decided it would be fun to check out the SAWEET totally awesome fireworks that everyone was talking about.  First of all, what has happened to Liberty Park?  I was a little bit scared for my life being down there.  There were so many gangsta ballas down there I couldn’t believe I was in Utah.  Seriously, we saw people with tattoos on their FACES.  Really?  I can understand tattoos and I even think they’re kind of cool sometimes, but not on your FACE. 

Yeah it was nuts.

So we walk around all the fun little booths and we bought some cool bracelets and that was fun.  As we walk a little bit farther we see a huge crowd of people gathered.  We head over there to see what’s going on.  (I’m thinking we’ll see some cool break dancers or a magician or something)  Nope.  We see a bunch of people singing in some foreign language and “fake fighting”.  It’s like a type of dance where people move around all slowly and pretend to hit each other.  CRAZY. 

So we go to the fireworks.  We were there pretty early because we wanted to get a good spot.  We walk up to this hill by the water, where people are laying out blankets and hanging out.  We find a spot that looks really good, there is nothing in front of us except one tree off to the left.  We figured it would be a good spot.

WRONG.  After waiting for almost two hours, the fireworks begin.  They are RIGHT behind the ONE tree we could see.  We just started laughing at our luck.  The firework show would have been amazing I’m sure, if we we had seen it!  I saw one really good one that happened to go high enough over the tree so that I could see it.  Wonderful.

Anyways, long story short, it was quite the evening.  I learned that the best way to tell if you like a guy is to take him to a scary place for fireworks and miss all of them.  If you can do this and still have fun-you’ve got a winner. 

Oh and by the way, as we were leaving-I almost ran over a mom who was pushing her baby in a stroller.  What a wonderful night.

 

0724002049[1]

1 comment:

  1. You need a hug from that dude in the picture. He seems really happy and therefore has a lot of luck. He may be able to rub off some on you.

    ReplyDelete