Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cedar City: A Tribute

So I have this small problem…I suck at blogging.  I am not a regular blogger at all, but I am working on it.  Holy cazoli my life has changed so much over the past month it’s insane.  I graduated from SUU and moved home.  It was INSANE being out of the small little Cedar and back in the big city.  I’ve learned that I’ve developed a slight fear of large crowds and freeway traffic…but hopefully I get over that soon.  I am going to miss Cedar. 

Speaking of Cedar City, over the past 3 1/2 years I’ve become somewhat of an expert on this cute little town.  To be honest, when I first moved there I nicknamed the town Cedar-Shitty (excuse my language)…but I have since learned my initial assumptions couldn’t be more wrong.  This little town has A LOT to offer.  For those of you currently living in Cedar or are thinking of heading down to this wonderful little town, here are a few things you must know…

1-If you don’t have gangster clothes, get some.  I’m not sure why, but gangster parties seem to be the cool thing in Cedar. 

2-Get accustomed to hanging out in Wally World, aka WAL-MART.  Whether it be during the week or on a Friday night, wandering aimlessly around this store is apparently the cool thing to do.

3-If you’re planning on dating anyone at all that lives in Cedar, do everything in your power to make it a smooth breakup with as little drama as possible.  WARNING:  YOU WILL BUMP INTO YOUR EX LOVERS…that’s just part of the deal in Cedar.  So sobby, sappy breakups or hard feelings can lead to an awkward run in at Wally World the next day.  That’s just how it goes, be warned.

4-Figure out where the hoppin’ “bonfire behind the golf course” place is.  You will go there at least 20 times in your first year there.  Guaranteed.

5-School dances are dirty and sweaty.  Avoid those if possible, or if you must go-wear a toilet seat around your waist.  I’m not sure why, but for some reason bumpers and grinders are not into girls with toilet seats around their waists.

6-Firesides are a good place to check everyone out, so if you decide to go, be lookin’ fly.

Hopefully these few pointers have been beneficial to someone reading this.  The last thing I want to leave in my Cedar Tribute is this place is amazing.  I’ve learned that what makes this town so great town aren’t the THINGS there (shopping, fun attractions, etc.) but the PEOPLE.   I met SO MANY awesome, nice, inspiring, people in my 3 1/2 years there.  I couldn’t have ever imagined I would have come to this place with not one SINGLE friend and left with so many great friends who have touched my life in so many ways.  Thanks to everyone I knew in Cedar for making my experience SO great.  These are just a few of the amazing people (in no particular order) I came to know and love who had an impact on my life at one point or another.  Love you all!

269

 

n671408444_1155759_2322[1] 291n1572723896_30228411_8021779[1]

coach hodn693696887_262572_499[1] 097[1]  n671408444_1551543_1964194[1]

 IMGP5073009 roomies 114 IMGP504373634_480740964399_606619399_6709905_381224_n[1]

 n693696887_1569544_87567[1]IMG_3179 n695746060_2254871_6427[1]

DSCN0837  007 (2)DSCN0787 DSC_0661 IMGP5055 024

 DSCN09132

Wow I started doing this and realized it would really take me FOREVER to get pictures of every single person who has had an impact on my life down at school, so thanks to EVERYONE (pictured and not pictured) who I’ve gotten to know at school.  It’s been real.

Any-hoo-After two weeks of emotional breakdowns, staring mindlessly at walls, and countless hours of Modern Family, House Hunters, and The Office…I decided to get a job.  (Okay, the transition hasn’t been THAT bad…but you get the idea).  Luckily I got hooked up with an awesome job at an awesome company called seo.com.  I specialize in Search Engine Optimization (hence the name SEO) and lots of  other computer stuff I don’t feel like blabbing about.  It’s been rad. I was also able to head to California and hang with the fam there and see my awesome cousin Seth get married and spend lots of time with my grandparents and family members.

All in all it’s been a great wrap up to 2010 and an awesome start to 2011.  Sorry this blog wasn’t very funny.  :)

5 comments:

  1. surprised about no mention? Nope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awkward comment from anonymous...I have a guess who it might be. Grow up and don't post as anonymous :) Haha anyway, good post sister. You are starting a new chapter in your life and you have a lot of excitement ahead of you! Be grateful for the past and excited for your future! I love you and I'm glad you are closer to me for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So. Yes I am a fellow blogger and yes I am blog creeper! This is only the second time I've blog stalked you, but I love reading your words...I feel like you are actually telling me about your life in Cedar. (Ps. LOVED the nickname). I was the same and did NOT want to come to Cedar at all for school, but I am glad I did and found great things about this place and had the chance to get to know and love you. You are so funny and I'm glad your humor has blessed my life!

    The house just isn't the same w/o you!
    Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete