Sunday, May 30, 2010

Things I don't Understand in College

There are many things about college I do not understand. Like why classes start at 7:00 in the morning. Everyone knows no one can truly function at that time. Also, why does SUU have four parking lots with thirty parking spaces, when thousands of kids go to this school? I do not get it.

Out of all the things I do not get, though, the number one issue that completely boggles my mind is this: Why do girls wear high heels on campus? Do these types of girls not realize the dangers they are putting themselves in? Not to mention the rest of us? I truly do not think they realize the consequenses of their actions. For example, one of these types sat next to me in class the other day. Of course she was about ten minutes late due to the four inch steps necessary to successfully walk from her car to class without severely hurting herself. When she sat next to me, I literally started coughing. Between the smell of her hairspray and perfume, it took everything I had to keep my composure. I had a headache the rest of the day.

For the life of me I will not understand these girls. Yesterday I was in the Sharwan Smith Center on campus talking to a friend. We literally had to put our conversation on hold, as the sound of the clickety-click high-heel-shoes-on-tile-floor noise was so loud we couldn't hear each other. We looked to see the same make-up caked, puffy-headed, perfume-drowning girl that had attempted to kill me toxicating scents just hours earlier. She staggered awkwardly from side to side as she walked, taking four inch steps the whole way. She walked passed us, making the journey from our talking-place to the registrars office. The trek was about 20 feet. She was to the office about twenty minutes later. The best part was, when she finally got there, she promptly complainted to her friend, "My feet are killing me!"

News flash hun: nobody cares about your bloody shoes. If you spend half as much time in your studies as you do getting ready for the day, you'll go far.

Put on some tennis shoes and a hoodie like the rest of us, and town your hair down about nineteen notches.

Seriously, it would do us all a favor.

ps-sorry if you just read this and you're one of these girls :)

2 comments:

  1. Hee,hee Steph. Spoken like a true "jock". (albeit a cute one, but still a jock!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph just found out you have a blog. know I can really keep track of you jk. How is everything?

    ReplyDelete