Thursday, August 19, 2010

I Feel Bad for Guys

For as long as I can remember, I wanted to be a boy. I grew up having all boy friends. I was the little girl who tagged along with all the boys, pretending I was just like them. For so long I really did want nothing more than to be a boy. They could always run faster, jump higher, get dirtier, and of course make those awesome "machine gun" noises that I could never make.

It wasn't until I went to the Matisyahu concert in Salt Lake this week, that I really started appreciating being a girl. The event that sparked this reaction of girl-gratefulness started when we were in the middle of the crowd, listening to Matisyahu do his thing. (He rocked by the way). To my left was a cute couple. The girl asked if she could get on his shoulders.

Of course he had to say yes.

I couldn't help but watch this couple, The girl was having all the fun: she could see everything and move and sway freely to the music.

The guy on the other hand was not.

The poor dude looked miserable. He was sweating and trying to hard just to stand there for her. He was doing everything he could keep this girl having fun, at the expense of his own concert experience.

What a stud.

Anyways, this made me grateful to be a girl. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment