Saturday, September 4, 2010

Friends, The Gym, and SUU

So I can’t believe how quickly it has snuck up but school is back in session. I have been insanely busy lately but it’s good because it has provided me with some new material to write about. :) Before I get into making fun of stuff I think is weird, I decided I’d quickly write about what I’ve been up to. I’m taking 18 credits this semester and I’m starting to think I’ve bitten off more than I can chew. Oh well, busy is good for me! Also, I’ve made some new AWESOME sweet girlfriends. I thought I’d take a bit of time to introduce them…I’ve creepily stalked their facebooks for good pictures to add to my blog…wahaha..(evil laugh)

Kathleen Higginson:

DSCN0911

This girl is gorgeous, hillarious, and super stylin. She’s my new roomie who moved into my old room( I changed to another room, same house). We have hung out a lot and we’re already besties. She’s a big time creeper like me and has a cutie boyfriend named Allan. (It doesn’t stop the boys in Cedar from swarming her 24/7 though!) She’s an awesome friend and is greatttt to talk to!

Next we have Heather Allen:

Once again, gorgeous. This girl is spunky, hillarious, and completely awkward like me. She’s a great friend already and we’ve had a lot of fun together. She’s a professional hair lady and gave me a beautiful golden weave the other night. We also went on a group date with some hottays the other night and totally bonded. We also decided we’re going to Thailand soon so I’m pretty excited about that. Gotta love Heather!

Last and definitely not least we have Laura Thorley:

DSCN09132

I absolutely love this woman. She is gorgeous, hillarious, and a major smarty. She’s a huge nerdo like me and likes to read books all the time. Probably 50% of our conversations have been about books we have read, are currently reading, or want to read! We are planning on starting an SUU book club (half joking, half serious) and we’re super stoked about it!

So these are my new favorite people in a nutshell! I absolutely love all of these ladies. Now moving on…

School has STARTED.

I can’t believe it.

Since I’m not playing basketball this year I decided it would be good for me to get a gym pass. SO I’ve gone to the gym a few times since school has started and I can’t HANDLE IT THERE. I’m trying to figure out when the fewest amount of people are there so I can go when it’s nearly empty so I don’t go crazy. Don’t get me wrong, I love the gym. I love working out, I love that feeling you get after you’ve worked up a good sweat and know you put in a good effort that day!

What I can’t stand are the girls, (and boys) who go there to meet each other.

Seriously, there are so many girls who get all prettied up, go walk on the treadmill for 5 minutes, then spend the rest of the time walking around talking to boys. I’m not sure why, but this AGGRAVATES ME! I just feel like going bazerko on them.

Then there are the guys.

There are two types of guys at this gym: guys that only go there to look at girls, or guys that only go there to look at themselves.

I have yet to find a happy medium here. They either stare at girls creepily until you feel uncomfortable and want to leave, or they stare at themselves in the mirror. I mean they LITERALLY just sit there and look at themselves. It’s so weird.

ANYWAYS-I am having lots of new experiences this year. Not being on the athlete side of things definitely changes a lot. I’m still so happy here at SUU and loving my life. I’m lucky to have great friends around me and I’m just HAPPY!

Oh, P.S-I got a calling…FHE Group Leader…very…um….HAPPY?…about that..ugh.

6 comments: