Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What Not To Do...

So I always say this, but my whole life I have always been the person who learns through other people's mistakes. I really tell my mom all the time that I feel like people around me are always making stupid mistakes (little and big) and I say "Okay Stephanie...remember what happened when so-and-so did this...do NOT make that mistake!" And for the most part, I've been able to live my life without any dramatic errors. (Obviously we all make mistakes, but I'm not pregnant or anything.)

For example. Almost everyone close to me has had a speeding ticket or an accident. I remember when I was 16 my friend had to do Traffic School for a speeding ticket. I jotted that down in my mind, "Stephanie...don't get a speeding ticket. That will suck." Then when I was younger a friend close to me stole something from the grocery store. $400 bucks down the drain for them. "Okay Steph...don't steal. It will suck." When I saw how bad my friend got hurt when crashing on a longboard, I decided to slow down. When I saw someone part their hair in the middle, I learned not to.

The list goes on.

Now don't get me wrong...I've had my fair share of mistakes. I am known for being super awkward sometimes, making inappropriate comments at bad times...the whole she-bang.

BUT fortunately, like I said, all of these "mistakes" have never been anything too dramatic.

Until Friday.

From this post I hope everyone will learn from MY mistakes. What NOT to do if a boy tries to kiss you...

1-Do not act like you're going to kiss him then suddenly decide not to.
So there we were. We'll call him "Bill"...looking over Cedar. It was a beautiful night. Bill goes to kiss me, and I completely turn away. First mistake-misleading. This will lead to upsetting the boy and lots of awkwardness.

2-Do not start to cry.
No matter what time of the month it is, how bad your hayfever may be, or just how sincerely emotional you are, do not start to cry. This is the truly worst thing you can do. The boy will feel weird and uncomfortable and have NO idea what you're crying about, or what he should say.

3-Do not hit the boy after rejecting him and then crying.
This just makes things weird. No matter what you're thinking or feeling, play it cool. If you don't have "game", pretend that you do. This will avoid even more awkwardness.

So there you go-my 1-2-3 list on what not to do. I hope everyone reading this has learned something from my experience with Bill.

Someday I'll get game...

4 comments:

  1. "When I saw someone part their hair in the middle, I learned not to." Love it.

    Steph, kiss the boy. Ah, you girls are so confusing. Listen, you got game, quit feeling sorry for yourself and do it. Alright, I hope I wasn't too harsh. The story, sad and funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. or just dont go on dates with ex lovers

    ReplyDelete