Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Feelin Grateful!

So today for some reason I'm feeling extra grateful. It's just a pretty day outside and I'm in some weird emotional state these days. The real inspiration behind this blog came the other night when I was hanging out with some awesome people at the library. I was talking to them when I realized my keychain flashdrive had broken off of my keys. This flash drive had all of my 4 years of college basically on it, plus some church stuff and other random things like resumes and such.

So, being the dramatic person I am...I flipped. I wanted to cry. All that work and I had lost it. My awesome friends helped me look around the library, then my friend Shmee offered to help me look around outside in the dark. While retracing my footsteps from the parking lot, we found the grass I had cut across on being sprayed with sprinklers. We sort of gave up hope after that, and I was super bummed. I really was on the verge of tears! (Weird...I NEVER cry....haha I wish) ANYWAYS...I stopped right there and all the sudden I had an epiphany..."Earth to Steph...it's a bloody FLASH DRIVE...if that's your biggest problem right now you're ridiculous."

So I thanked Shmee for helping me look for it, and walked to my car, contemplating how great my life really is.

I realized that I am OVERLY dramatic about lots of things. In my Event Management class our teacher has taught us that if something goes wrong, the most important thing to automatically tell yourself is: "Nothing is a crisis". That statement also got me thinking. I'm learning that I kind of freak out about things that aren't worth freaking out about, and I just need to chill the freak out and smell the roses.

So as I got to my car, I realized it was a good night. I lost a flashdrive. Boo hoo. But like I said, I realized if that was my biggest problem at the time, I've got a pretty great life.

So with that said...here's my grateful list...

1. The Gospel in my life-The big man upstairs is the one guy that hasn't ever let me down. No matter what's going on in my life He's always there. Things are always changing and life gets really crazy sometimes. I've had friends or family that have left me hanging, but He never has. He's the ONE person I've always been able to count on. Having the gospel in my life and knowing where I came from, what I'm doing now, and where I'm going has made me happier than I could have ever imagined!

2. My family-My mom, dad, sister and brother-in-law are so great. I'll throw Courtney Campbell in there too because she's as close as family. I've come to realized that friends come and go, but no matter what your family is always there.

3-My friends-I don't know what I did to get the greatest friends in the world, but I'm one lucky duck. My friends from high school are all crazy maniacs like me. I always worried that we'd grow apart after high school but even though we've all gone our seperate ways and most of them are married-we still have the same maniac personalities and have a blast whenever we get together. Since coming to college I've made some GOOD friends. Girls and guys. I'm so grateful for all of them and all the fun I have with everyone.

4-Education-I never thought I'd see the day when I graduated from college, but it's almost here! Boo-ya! I'm grateful that I've had the opporunity to come to school and learn and grow. School really does suck a lot of the time and I complain A LOT about it, but I really am grateful I can learn!

Those are all the mushy serious ones, now onto the less-serious but GREAT things that have added to the joy in my life lately...

5-running
6-my crazy new girlfriends
7-ketchup
8-my own room
9-sarcasm
10-laughing HARD
11-a good book
12-mullets
13-anyone tripping, sliding, or just wiping out...especially if it's someone I know
14-fall leaves
15-sunburns
16-funny people
17-comfy shoes
18-compliments
19-Twizzlers (strawberry)
20-air-conditioners
21-people who text witty things
22-Skype
23-catching up with old buddies
24-awkwardness
25-good pictures!

SO there you go. I'm one blessed girl. Thanks to everyone who's made my life rockin' lately-I love you all!

OH and PS-I found my flashdrive in my car later...YES! :)

2 comments:

  1. So so glad you found your flashdrive. You NEED to back things up on an external hard drive and/or an online web storage site like windows skydrive! It will make you less freaked out if you lose a flsh drive again :) Love ya sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...how did you get so smart???? I love you lots, baby girl!

    ReplyDelete